Homes develop “ailments”, at times – just like people do. When we are ill, we go to the doctor for a diagnosis, but when something in your home starts failing what should you do? Getting the problem diagnosed, correctly provides you with two things: assurance a proper solution is implemented and also it is done so in the most cost-effective manner possible (if there is oversight to make sure).
It is the diagnostic stage of the exercise which is the most important – just like your doctor.
For example: A basement leak may actually be caused by improper roof drainage or interior piping. However, most homeowners might call a waterproofing contractor, rather than a roofer/plumber. A water-damaged bedroom ceiling growing visible mold could be a result of excessively-high humidity levels and /or a plumbing leak. Most homeowners would call a roofer to correct the surmised “roof leak” rather than a heating technician (HVAC) or Plumber.
- The foul odour in the basement could be caused by a problematic plumbing drain.
- How can winter comfort be achieved in our COLD family room addition ?
- Why is the 2nd floor so uncomfortably warm in the summer ?
- Why is the bedroom over the attached Garage so darn COLD ?!
- I hear things in my attic !?
Duxbury & Associates-Building Inspection and Consulting home & building inspectors possess excellent diagnostic skills. We come to the site with an open mind and active listening, to aid us in our problem-solving consultation for YOU. We are:
- Available to assist with “fine tuning”, after the initial consultation.
We have an excellent success rate in helping B.C. homeowners, Strata & Co-Op administrations, Lawyers, Property Managers and others find the best, cost-effective and practical solution to any functional home/building problem causing stress and worry.