The BC Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (BCSAWP) requires that employers applying to SERVICE CANADA for temporary foreign workers include an Inspected and Approved Seasonal Housing Inspection form with their Labour Market Opinion application to SERVICE CANADA.

There are currently 3 options for fulfilling this requirement:

1) Commercial leasing contract: a letter from a licensed commercial accommodation provider (hotel /motel) stating unit size, workers per unit and duration of lease /rental;

2) Municipal Inspection Occupancy Permit: provided by local municipality or District.  Municipalities currently known to be providing this service are:

District of Pitt Meadows
Dave Bruce, Building Official
12007 Harris Road
Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5

Tel: 604.465.2430

3) Private Inspection Services: Home & Property Inspectors are available to inspect seasonal housing as per the Dec. 2005: Guidelines for the Provision of Seasonal Housing for Migrant Workers Farm Workers in BC:

Duxbury & Associates-Building Inspection and Consulting Ltd.
Glenn Duxbury
New Westminster
Tel: 604.524.2502

Lumar Management & Design Ltd. – John Chace (Abbotsford) & Nathan Chace (Surrey)

Tel: 604.575.9249
Cell: 604.613.5724
Fax: 604.575.9249

Tel: 604.853.3445
Cell: 604.619.4216

View the report which applies to this service.