Have you ever been in a situation where you’ve hired contractors to do work on your home or building, but aren’t sure if the job was done up to the proper standard? Do you lack confidence that the work you’ve paid to have done will meet your needs and expectations?
That’s why Duxbury & Associates provides Quality Control Services.
It was brought to our attention that a client was in the process of having the exterior of their building power washed. This immediately set alarm bells off for us as we knew those three buildings had yet to have all the stucco cracks carefully waterproofed.
With this information in mind, we rushed down to the site and explained the situation to the contractors who were forced to halt their work and wait until the buildings were ready for them. We had been retained to offer oversight on a number of major projects
for this strata. Proper sequencing of the work was critical and this contractor figured
they could just start when they wanted to accommodate their own schedule.
If this quality-control check had not been performed, it could have resulted in extensive water damage to the building and would have ended up costing our clients much more money in repairs!
Our Quality Control Services include (but are not limited to):
- Development of new quality-control programs, including oversight of existing projects and follow-up inspections for completed work (before paying)
- Assessment and reporting of findings and making recommendations based on quality-control inspections
- Ensuring that work provided by contractors and their subcontractors is consistent with contractual obligations and regulatory building standards
- Monitoring work of personnel to ensure compliance with technical and contractual obligations
- Non-conformance identification and control as well as corrective action, if needed
- Directing and/or contributing to quality-control management training sessions, meetings and investigations.
- Conducting audits, quality reporting and reviews.
- Ensuring technical documents related to project and quality control are upheld.
- Saving our Clients from overspending & only paying for work properly done.
Glenn has been documenting deficiencies for stratas and many others for over 25