Is your home covered by the 2-5-10 New Home Warranty Program? If so, it’s up to you to document all deficiencies in writing and report same to the builder, H.P.O. (Homeowner Protection Office) and the Warranty-Provider, before those critical days run out.
Most homeowners can easily identify the cosmetic deficiencies. It takes a professional who is familiar with all the codes to find the rest. The best time to re-inspect is after you have been living in it but prior to the one year warranty expiring.
Typical coverage under the New Home Warranty Program is as follows:
- Detached homes & Strata properties – 1 year for the interior
- Construction defects and BC Building Code violations – 2 years
- Water leakage (basement, roof, exterior walls, windows, and doors) – 5 years
- Major structural defects – 10 years
- We will ensure your home is free from significant defects before your warranty expires.
- We focus on components and defects that are most common in new homes.
- We will check all the major systems:
- A/C Interior